Appl.AI SPLASH event 2022
Jaarbeurs, Utrecht • 06 Oct 2022
Register for the Appl.AI SPLASH event 2022
October 6th 2022, Utrecht
IS THIS EVENT RELEVANT FOR ME?
If you want to answer one of the following questions, you should definitely meet us at the Appl.AI SPLASH Event 2022. What can AI mean in my sector? Which practical examples are worked on and what lessons can be drawn? What steps are needed to experiment with AI applications? How do I make my AI solutions reliable and trustworthy?
We’ll also look ahead and indicate what we can do together in the coming years. In addition, you can view demo’s during the event and there is of course the opportunity to network.
During the Appl.AI SPLASH Event there will be high level key note speakers with a profound view on AI and we will go deeper into the following AI topics:
- 10:00 - 10:15 | Welcome + introduction (Frans van Ette, Program Director Appl.AI)
- 10:15 -10:45 | WRR AI report and what came next. (Prof Dr. Haroon Sheikh, Professor Strategic Governance of Global Technologies VU and Senior Researcher WRR)
- 10:55 -11:15 | Communicative Robots for aligning humans and machines (Prof. Dr. Piek Vossen, Professor Computational Lexicology VU University Amsterdam)
- 11:15 – 11:30 | --- BREAK ---
- 11:30 – 11:50 | How do we enable trustworthy algorithmic decision making? (Dr. Cor Veenman, Lead Scientist Appl.AI programma)
- 11:50 – 12:10 | How do we ensure autonomous systems can operate in an open world? (Dr. Judith Dijk, Lead Scientist Appl.AI programma)
- 12:10 – 12:25 | 17 pitches for the use cases and demo’s
- 12:25 – 13:15 | --- LUNCH ---
- 13:15 – 13:45 | Key Note Speaker - The direction of AI for the EU (Prof. Dr. Holger Hoos, Alexander von Humboldt Professor in AI at the RWTH Aachen University)
- 13:50 – 14:40 | Break-out (use cases and demo’s)
- USE CASE 1 ‘Competent NL’ - Development of a national skills language based on a hybrid AI system
- USE CASE 2 ‘Autonomous driving’ - Decision making in an open world
- 17 demo’s that can be attended in an open setting. Free to roam around.
- 14:50 - 15:35 | Break-out (use cases and demo’s)
- USE CASE 3 ‘AI Oversight’ - How to ensure AI is trustworthy (Room A)
- USE CASE 4 ‘Carefree’ - System level diagnostics by hybrid AI
- 17 demo’s that can be attended in an open setting. Free to roam around
- 15:35 – 16:00 | Key Note Speaker – Vision on the future of AI (Prof. Dr. Peter Werkhoven, CTO of TNO)
- 16:00 – 17:30 | Closing and drinks WHERE SUPERNOVA ‘Jaarbeurs’ Zaal: Progress Jaarbeursplein 6, 3521 AL Utrecht WHEN 6 October 2022
Hall: Progress Jaarbeursplein 6, 3521 AL Utrecht
6 October 2022
REGISTRATION (FREE BUT MANDATORY)
We are looking forward to meeting you at TNO’s Appl.AI SPLASH Event 2022. Please register here. (NB: There are limited places available).
In case you have questions or remarks about this event please let us know at [email protected].