Working conditions: your balance
In addition to work that matters, our attractive employment conditions are also a reason to choose TNO. Read all about it.
At TNO, we believe that a healthy work-life balance is vital. That is why we do everything we can to make this possible for our employees. For example, you can choose to work four nine-hour days, after consulting with your manager. Where you want to do your work is also largely up to you. Working from home more often is in line with our promise to work as green and as sustainably as possible.
Extensive flexible budget
In addition to an attractive salary, a holiday allowance of 8% in May and a full 13th month in December, you will be entitled to a flexible employment conditions budget of 5.58% + € 180 per year. You can use this budget to buy extra holidays, save for an extra pension, buy a ‘company bicycle’ or anything else you think is important. Each month you can decide whether to use all or part of the budget, save it or have it paid to you.
All employment conditions at a glance
- Attractive salary.
- Holiday allowance of 8% in May.
- A full 13th month in December.
- Flexible budget of 5.58% + € 180 per year.
- 28 days of annual leave, and 5 days off under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV) if in full-time employment. For example, you can work four nine-hour days (with permission from your manager).
- Reimbursement of your commuting expenses or a bicycle for commuting.
- Reimbursement of up to € 1,000 for furnishing a home office, and up to € 20. per month for other home office expenses.
- Employer's contribution to pension accrual (average pay scheme).
- Collective healthcare insurance with various discounts.
- Discounts on insurance policies.
Overview of services for expats
We take care of a number of things for new employees who come from abroad. Below you will find an overview of all the services we offer to expats. Removals company AGS KHZ supports our employees who move to the Netherlands. Depending on your country of origin, familiarity with the Netherlands and composition of your family, we put together a package from the services listed below.
Accompanied transport from the airport to your accommodation.
- A welcome pack with maps and general information.
- Introduction to the practical and cultural aspects of life in the Netherlands.
- A visit to the surrounding area and the city.
- A visit to various accommodation options.
- Delivery of all necessary packaging materials.
- Ddisassembly of standard furniture.
- Delivery, unpacking and reassembly of disassembled furniture.
- Accompanied viewings of pre-selected houses.
- Lease negotiations.
- Preparation of inventory.
- Contacts between employee and landlord/owner.
- Accompanied check-in.
- Introduction to local and international school systems.
- Help in selecting a school and enrolling.
- Accompanied visit to preferred schools.
- Information on childcare and playgroups.
- Accompanied visits to register at the municipality and to obtain a citizen. service number (BSN).
- Opening a bank account.
- Information on exchanging your driving licence.
- Providing names and addresses of general practitioners and dentists.
- Neighbourhood orientation.
- Information on public transport, health insurance, etc.
Depending on your individual requirements, we give targeted advice and help in finding:
- a job
- training opportunities
- voluntary work
- expat groups
Depending on the country of origin, an employee may need a work and/or residence permit. We take care of the necessary permits.
The 30% facility is a tax concession for foreign employees who come to work (temporarily) in the Netherlands and have specific experience or expertise that is either not, or rarely, to be found in the Netherlands. An employee can qualify for this scheme if he/she satisfies a number of conditions. The employee can apply the 30% facility for a maximum of 5 years.
To make a successful start in the Netherlands, we offer the employee training in the Dutch language and culture.
The employee can get support in filing the tax return for the year of arrival in the Netherlands by a firm of our choosing.
Michaël DeclercqFunctie:Manager Recruitment
Looking for an expert?View all experts