VoltaChem Power-2-X Tour
11 May 2022
Sign up now
Hydrogen and Power-2-X: From an energy to a materials challenge
Theme: From an energy to a materials challenge
The topic of this edition will be: Hydrogen and Power-2-X: From an energy to a materials challenge. The first edition of this year’s VoltaChem Power-2-X Tour will take place on:
- May 11th, from 13.00 - 18.00 (CET).
- Hotel Van der Valk Akersloot and the Faraday Lab at TNO Petten, The Netherlands
This time, we will address the issue of materials scarcity in Electrification and Power-2-X. The EU Fit for 55 package and REpowerEU initiative set very high 2030 targets for the energy and hydrogen transition forward, but we all must realize the scarcity of materials required in some electrolysers. Therefore, we need solution directions like non-PGM, ultra low scarce materials concepts and recycling of catalyst materials in electrolysers.
The main question will be:
What are the scarce materials issues in Hydrogen and Power-2-X and which solutions are readily available to cope with this challenge?
4 challenging presentations will open your mind, given by:
- Johnson Matthey: A global sustainable technologies company that applies cutting-edge science and chemistry, like catalysts.
- HyCC: Leading industrial partner for safe and reliable green hydrogen supplies and circular chemistry solutions to enable the transition to zero-carbon industry.
- Sara Wieclawska, Consultant at TNO: How to deal with the predicted material scarcity for the energy transition.
- Auke Kronemeijer, Research Manager TNO Holst Centre: Spatial Atomic Layer Deposition (sALD): An electrifying solution that will boost the high-tech industry and has the expected ability to boost the performance of electrolysers.
Part of the event will be a visit to one of the largest electrolyser test facilities in the Netherlands “The Faraday lab”. Transportation from the hotel to the lab (and back) will be arranged.
Needless to say, we will invite audience to discussion the topics as well, via questions, polls. Networking will be an important part of the event.
For the latest update about the event, please check www.voltachem.com