My research focusses on understanding the physics of transport and phase changes in complex permeable media as to better engineer materials for a sustainable society, including materials for energy storage and technological porous materials.
The supply of sustainable solar and wind energy is unreliable. Sometimes there is excess supply, and sometimes there is too little to meet demand – which is growing quickly. Storing energy when there is more than enough supply is a solution, but until recently the technology to do so was very inefficient.
In the summer of 2019 we announced an innovative heat battery developed jointly by TNO and the TU/e. This heat battery is efficient, compact, loss-free, affordable, and widely applicable, and ready for the market.
- Ruben Nicasy (Topsector HTSM)
- Martina Laura Cotti (EU H2020)
- Michaela Eberbach (NWO)
- Natalia Mazur (NWO)
- Jelle Houben (Topsector TKI)
- Anja Herrmann (NWO)
- Joey Aarts (NWO) • Shuwai Wang (MMIP)
- Tim Raemaekers (Industry)
- Vacancy (Topsector Energy)
- Donkers, P. A. J., Sögütoglu, L. C., Huinink, H. P., Fischer, H. R. & Adan, O. C. G., “A review of salt hydrates for seasonal heat storage in domestic applications”, In: Applied Energy. 199, C, p. 45-68, 2017
- Sögütoglu, L., Steiger, M., Houben, J., Biemans, D., Fischer, H. R., Donkers, P., Huinink, H. & Adan, O. “Understanding the hydration process of salts: the impact of a nucleation barrier”, In: Crystal Growth and Design. 19, 4, p. 2279-2288 10, 2019
- Sögütoglu, L. C., Donkers, P. A. J., Fischer, H. R., Huinink, H. P. & Adan, O. C. G., “In-depth investigation of thermochemical performance in a heat battery: Cyclic analysis of K2CO3, MgCl2 and Na2S”, In: Applied Energy. 215, p. 159-173 15, 2018
Eindhoven - High Tech Campus 25
High Tech Campus 25
NL-5656 AE Eindhoven
P.O. Box 6235
NL-5600 HE Eindhoven
Telefoon:+31 88 866 50 00