Internship | Programmable, observable multi-cloud infrastructures
Education typeuniversity (wo)
TypeInternship and graduation project
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
The ultimate objective of TNO's programmable networking research is to create a self-optimizing network service infrastructure, based on open networking and cloud technology. In this research project we make a step by investigating the state-of-the-art of programmable network telemetry and its application to monitor and optimize end-to-end performance of advanced network services. By developing a system that collects and combines telemetry data from multiple sources (network, cloud and user devices), insight is gained about end-to-end performance and problem localization. The results will demonstrate how telemetry data can be used for diagnostic purposes and for automated re-programming to optimize the network.
What will be your role?
- Programming smart switches or instrumenting cloud applications to produce telemetry data,
- Designing a telemetry data exchange schema between administrative domains,
- Combining data from various sources and program an analytics pipeline, or
- Prototyping a reasoning system that interprets telemetry data and proposes/executes network reconfigurations to optimize the service level.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- Interested in researching programmable network technology,
- Experienced in programming, Linux system etc. and/or data analysis,
- Pragmatic and focused on making things work.
What you’ll get in return
TNO as an employer
The selection process
After the first CV selection, the application process will be conducted by the concerning department. TNO will provide a suitable internship agreement. If you have any questions about this vacancy, you can contact the contact person mentioned below.
Due to Covid-19 and the consequent uncertainties and restrictions, students who are not residing in the Netherlands may currently not be able to start an internship or graduation project at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Contact: Piotr Zuraniewski
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 62983