Appl.AI SPLASH event 2022
Artificial Intelligence is changing the way we live, work and travel. It helps us to improve the competitiveness of Dutch industry and to develop innovative solutions that keep us healthy and safe. The big challenge to achieve this, is bringing AI expertise and domain knowledge together. That’s why we want to invite the AI community to share experiences how to apply AI in the best possible way.
- 10:00 -
Supernova, Jaarbeurs (Utrecht)
Is this event relevant for me?
If you want to answer one of the following questions, you should definitely meet us at the Appl.AI SPLASH Event 2022.
- What can AI mean in my sector?
- Which practical examples are worked on and what lessons can be drawn?
- What steps are needed to experiment with AI applications?
- How do I make my AI solutions reliable and trustworthy?
We’ll also look ahead and indicate what we can do together in the coming years. In addition, you can view demo’s during the event and there is of course the opportunity to network.
During the Appl.AI SPLASH Event there will be high level key note speakers with a profound view on AI and we will go deeper into the following AI topics.
- 10:00 - 10:15: Welcome + introduction (Frans van Ette, Program Director Appl.AI)
- 10:15 -10:45: WRR AI report and what came next. (Prof Dr. Haroon Sheikh, Professor Strategic Governance of Global Technologies VU and Senior Researcher WRR)
- 10:55 -11:15: Communicative Robots for aligning humans and machines (Prof. Dr. Piek Vossen, Professor Computational Lexicology VU University Amsterdam)
11:30 – 11:50: How do we enable trustworthy algorithmic decision making?
(Dr. Cor Veenman, Lead Scientist Appl.AI programma)
- 11:50 – 12:10: How do we ensure autonomous systems can operate in an open world? (Dr. Judith Dijk, Lead Scientist Appl.AI programma)
- 12:10 – 12:25: 17 pitches for the use cases and demo’s
- 13:15 – 13:45: Key Note Speaker - The direction of AI for the EU (Prof. Dr. Holger Hoos, Alexander von Humboldt Professor in AI at the RWTH Aachen University)
- 13:50 – 14:40: Break-out (use cases and demos)
- Use case 1 ‘Competent NL’ - Development of a national skills language based on a hybrid AI system
- Use case 2 ‘Autonomous driving’ - Decision making in an open world
- 17 demo’s that can be attended in an open setting. Free to roam around.
- 14:50 - 15:35: Break-out (use cases and demos)
- USE CASE 3 ‘AI Oversight’ - How to ensure AI is trustworthy (Room A)
- USE CASE 4 ‘Carefree’ - System level diagnostics by hybrid AI
- 17 demo’s that can be attended in an open setting. Free to roam around
- 15:35 – 16:00: Key Note Speaker – Vision on the future of AI (Prof. Dr. Peter Werkhoven, CTO of TNO)
- 16:00 – 17:30: Closing and drinks
Get in touch
If you have questions or remarks about this event, please let us know via [email protected].
AI Systems Engineering & Lifecycle Management
The AI system for the future. At TNO, we work on AI systems that remain reliable and can handle new functions in the future.
You can read about how AI is educated in Chapter 1. How can we make clear to AI which goals we want to pursue as humans? Andhow can we ensure intelligent systems will always function in service of society?
Innovation with AI
What does that world look like in concrete terms? Using numerous examples, TNO has created a prognosis for the future in Chapter 2. Regarding construction, for example, in which AI will be used to check the quality, safety, and energy efficiency of buildings before they are actually built. Or healthcare, where robots will partly take over caregivers’ tasks and AI will be able to autonomously develop medicines.
Innovating with innovation AI
How AI will change research itself is explained in Chapter 3. For example, what role will AI be permitted to play in knowledge sharing? And what will happen when we make machines work with insurmountably large data sets?
David Deutsch on the development and application of AI
Peter Werkhoven, chief scientific officer at TNO, joins physicist, Oxford professor, and pioneer in the field of quantum computing, David Deutsch, for a virtual discussion. Deutsch set out his vision in 1997 in the book, The Fabric of Reality. Together, they talk about the significance of quantum computing for the development and application of AI. Will AI ever be able to generate ‘explained knowledge’ or learn about ethics from humans?