Appl.AI SPLASH event 2022
Artificial Intelligence is changing the way we live, work and travel. It helps us to improve the competitiveness of Dutch industry and to develop innovative solutions that keep us healthy and safe. The big challenge to achieve this, is bringing AI expertise and domain knowledge together. That’s why we want to invite the AI community to share experiences how to apply AI in the best possible way.
- 10:00 -
Supernova, Jaarbeurs (Utrecht)
Is this event relevant for me?
If you want to answer one of the following questions, you should definitely meet us at the Appl.AI SPLASH Event 2022.
- What can AI mean in my sector?
- Which practical examples are worked on and what lessons can be drawn?
- What steps are needed to experiment with AI applications?
- How do I make my AI solutions reliable and trustworthy?
We’ll also look ahead and indicate what we can do together in the coming years. In addition, you can view demo’s during the event and there is of course the opportunity to network.
During the Appl.AI SPLASH Event there will be high level key note speakers with a profound view on AI and we will go deeper into the following AI topics.
- 10:00 - 10:15: Welcome + introduction (Frans van Ette, Program Director Appl.AI)
- 10:15 -10:45: WRR AI report and what came next. (Prof Dr. Haroon Sheikh, Professor Strategic Governance of Global Technologies VU and Senior Researcher WRR)
- 10:55 -11:15: Communicative Robots for aligning humans and machines (Prof. Dr. Piek Vossen, Professor Computational Lexicology VU University Amsterdam)
11:30 – 11:50: How do we enable trustworthy algorithmic decision making?
(Dr. Cor Veenman, Lead Scientist Appl.AI programma)
- 11:50 – 12:10: How do we ensure autonomous systems can operate in an open world? (Dr. Judith Dijk, Lead Scientist Appl.AI programma)
- 12:10 – 12:25: 17 pitches for the use cases and demo’s
- 13:15 – 13:45: Key Note Speaker - The direction of AI for the EU (Prof. Dr. Holger Hoos, Alexander von Humboldt Professor in AI at the RWTH Aachen University)
- 13:50 – 14:40: Break-out (use cases and demos)
- Use case 1 ‘Competent NL’ - Development of a national skills language based on a hybrid AI system
- Use case 2 ‘Autonomous driving’ - Decision making in an open world
- 17 demo’s that can be attended in an open setting. Free to roam around.
- 14:50 - 15:35: Break-out (use cases and demos)
- USE CASE 3 ‘AI Oversight’ - How to ensure AI is trustworthy (Room A)
- USE CASE 4 ‘Carefree’ - System level diagnostics by hybrid AI
- 17 demo’s that can be attended in an open setting. Free to roam around
- 15:35 – 16:00: Key Note Speaker – Vision on the future of AI (Prof. Dr. Peter Werkhoven, CTO of TNO)
- 16:00 – 17:30: Closing and drinks
Get in touch
If you have questions or remarks about this event, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible decision-making between people and machines
Bias in facial recognition and accidents with self-driving cars. AI must be developed further. The fastest way to do this is in close cooperation with people.
Knowledge representation and reasoning
Correct and unambiguous information is needed when making a decision. That is why we use AI technology called "knowledge representation & reasoning".
Natural language processing
What is natural language processing (NLP) and how do we use it intelligently? Find out how we use this AI technique to gather information from textual data.
Robotics and autonomous agents
Robotics brings a future-proof industry a big step closer. For example, we are working on automatic path planning with AI techniques.
Fair machine learning
Fair machine learning is relevant to all kinds of discrimination and bias arising from the use of biased data. Read more!