Specialist and strategist in next-generation wireless networks, Green ICT, and radio/wireless/mobile communications in general. His recent focus is 5G/B5G/6G radio networks and how 5G/B5G/6G may empower vertical sectors. Coordinates knowledge acquisition activities in the area of network technologies, including national, European and international collaborations. Co-chair of the Mobile Group of GreenTouch. Management committee member of COST INTERACT, IRAON and IC1004 and IRACON. Technical manager of H2020 EU-Taiwan Clear5G project.
Mobile networks (National Taiwan University).
In my research I focus on wireless communication technologies for mobile networks (5G and beyond), ranging from wireless system design, radio network resource management (both model-based and AI-based), to physical-layer technologies abstraction and radio propagation. My recent research activities aim to design and develop flexible, robust and intelligent wireless networking, in particular radio network architecture and management mechanisms, to fulfil dynamically varying needs (e.g. a combination of extremely high data rate, low latency and high reliability) of different applications which are highly related to public policies and extremely relevant in a post COVID-19, wartime, and the Green Deal context: healthcare, energy, smart mobility, etc. My research work contributes directly to the PMC cluster “Fast and Open Infrastructures” within the TNO ICT Unit.
- Haibin Zhang, Yohan Toh, Iñaki Martin Soroa, Donal Morris, Marie-Pauline Roukens, “Pre-hospital Triage Improvement for Ambulances via 5G Video and Vital Data Communication”, Proceedings of IEEE Future Networks World Forum, Montreal, Canada, October 2022.
- Apoorva Arora, Toni Dimitrovski, Remco Litjens, Haibin Zhang, ‘ML-based slice management in 5G networks for emergency scenarios”, Proceedings of EuCNC 2021, Porto, Portugal, 2021.
- Meng Lu, Haibin Zhang, Bastiaan Wissingh, Robbin Blokpoel, “Advanced 5G validation trials across multiple vertical industries: Health, aquaculture and transport”, Proceedings of 8th Transport Research Arena TRA 2020, Helsinki, Finland, April 27-30, 2020.(conference cancelled due to COVID-19, abstract published).
- Varun Nair, Remco Litjens, Haibin Zhang, “Optimisation of NB-IoT deployment for smart energy distribution networks”, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, pp. 1-15, July 2019.
- Ljupco Jorguseski, Haibin Zhang, Sylvie Dijkstra-Soudarissanane, Michal Golinski, 2018, April, “LTE Delay Assessment for Real-Time Management of Future Smart Grids”, Mobile Networks and Applications, pp. 1-8, April 2018.
- Jimmy J. Nielsen, Herve Ganem, Ljupco Jorguseski, Kemal Alic, Miha Smolnikar, Ziming Zhu, Nuno K. Pratas, Michal Golinski, Haibin Zhang, Urban Kuhar, Zhong Fan, Ales Svigelj, “Secure Real-Time Monitoring and Management of Smart Distribution Grid Using Shared Cellular Networks”, IEEE Wireless Communications, pp. 10-17, April 2017.