What will be your role?
As business developer you are responsible for development and marketing of new value propositions. Based on TNO’s wide variety of technical disciplines and experience you will support companies, industrial clusters and institutions with the transition from a fossil-based to a sustainable energy system. Your main focus area will be the conversion of biomass (and waste/residues) in the framework of a circular, biobased economy. In close cooperation with partners and colleagues you will advise, develop business cases and a portfolio to help transform research and technology into practical application for the broader West-European energy system.
- Development of projects and programs aimed at developing the biobased economy with a focus on conversion of biomass to green chemicals and fuels, involving both business to business projects as well as development of projects with consortia and public-private partnerships.
- Work with scientists and engineers to understand where advances in research can be applied to solve challenges being faced by industry.
- Expand TNO’s industry and partner network.
- Support the management in developing & validating the portfolio of technology propositions.
Your will be working in a broad field of process, chemical and energy sciences including:
- Biomass-related process & conversion technologies.
- Techno-economic process simulation and modelling.
- Systems design & instrumentation.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Using your industrial experience you understand the value of new technological options and know how to solve the challenges of implementing these new technologies in a broad ecosystem. Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO include:
- A university degree in the field of process/chemical engineering or equivalent, supplemented with business development experience.
- Five+ years of experience in a business development role, with a track record in business-to-business project development, building public-private partnerships and the ability to develop new propositions and sell ‘industry firsts’.
- Experience in the entire business development trajectory, from gathering initial market insight to closing deals.
- Extensive network in the energy and/or chemical industry.
- Fluent both in English and Dutch, additional language skills (like French, German or Spanish) are a plus.
- A commercial mindset, able to think from the perspective of the customers and identify business potential of technology combined with strong negotiating, networking, and coaching skills.
- Ability to learn fast and get familiar with new technologies in a dynamic working environment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both independently as in diverse teams.
- Stakeholder management.
- Critical mindset.
- Ability to work and deal with different cultures.
What you’ll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact in the area of energy transition. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between €5200 and €6500 (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + €180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself. TNO offers optional employee benefits
, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance, a bike or a leased car.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before the 22nd of August. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 3rd of September. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anne-Maartje Uijl- Meijman, den
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-469 66067
Hiring manager: Richard Braal
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Phone number: 08886 66301