Internship | Exposure Assessment and Risk Management
Education typeuniversity (wo)
TypeInternship and graduation project
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Our (work) environment has an important, and potentially avoidable, impact on our health. For the technology cluster ‘Exposure Assessment and risk management’ we are continuously looking for students interested in an internship in one of the following domains: asbestos, exposome&sensors, predictive models, nanomaterials, biological agents and many others.
What will be your role?
- When working with asbestos, the release of fibres can present a hazard to both the worker and the environment. TNO collaborates with various stakeholders on innovative solutions to enable people to work in a healthy environment and limit risks to both people and their surroundings.
- The concept 'exposome' – the totality of exposure of a person experiences during his or her lifetime –can help to increase knowledge about exposure-response relations (e.g. by using new sensor technology) and enable the development of preventive measures.
- We develop predictive models for exposure and risk contributing to safer workplaces. Recent tools we developed include (d)ART ((dermal) Advanced REACH Tool), ECEL (Exposure Control Efficacy Library) and Stoffenmanager.
- TNO has expertise in every aspect of nano material safety based on ongoing work in European and National research projects as well as business to business projects. We provide practical and pragmatic advise for different group of stakeholders.
- To minimize human health risks caused by biological agents and plant protection products TNO conducts exposure- and risk assessment and management including field studies and model development.
- If you are interested in one of these topics or other related topics, and what to know the internship possibilities, please contact.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You are a Master’s student with a passion for Exposure Assessment and Risk Management
- You enjoy being part of a multi-disciplinary team, but can also work independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of Life Sciences is an advantage.
What you’ll get in return
TNO as an employer
The selection process
After the first CV selection, the application process will be conducted by the concerning department. TNO will provide a suitable internship agreement. If you have any questions about this vacancy, you can contact the contact person mentioned below.
For this internship vacancy it is required that the AIVD issues a security clearance (VGB) after conducting a security screening. Take into account that this process may take about 8 weeks. If you have been abroad for more than 6 consecutive months, or if you do not have the Dutch nationality, it may take longer. Please visit for more information the AIVD website.
Due to Covid-19 and the consequent uncertainties and restrictions, students who are not residing in the Netherlands may currently not be able to start an internship or graduation project at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Contact: Eelco Kuijpers
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 60783