Researcher - Photonic Integrated Circuits | Eindhoven
Contribute to tomorrow's world? Envision it. Become Researcher - Photonic Integrated Circuits at TNO in Eindhoven.
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Holst Centre is a R&D institute, located on at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven and has a strong team of researchers and engineers supporting industry by developing the next generation of electronic products and technologies. Holst Centre is currently expanding its global business in the field of Photonic Integrated Circuits, engaging with leading industries in semicon, automotive and healthcare. The field of Photonic Integrated Circuits is highly dynamic and growing quickly to a multi-billion market by the year 2025. Applications range from road safety and health monitoring to energy-efficient data handling and communication to quantum computing. You will join TNO’s expanding team and work together with globally recognized pioneers to turn the inventions and innovations into industrial successes. By combining technologies from the established electronics industry with the latest developments in Integrated Photonics, new product concepts will be developed. You will be working at the interface of materials science, process technology, microelectronics and chip packaging in a multidisciplinary research environment.
What will be your role?
- Together with the research team, you develop chip-level and panel-level interconnect and assembly processes for photonic integrated chips for various markets.
- Your role consists of a translation of overall system design into a (chip) package design that meets the agreed requirements. You steer concept design choice, organize and prepare design reviews.
- You define and execute tests to verify the specifications.
- You drive technical discussions with industrial partners to feed the research roadmaps, and support business development in customer acquisition or large account management.
- You (co-)initiate and lead (parts of) collaborative projects with (international) customers.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- PhD degree in physics (optics) or electrical engineering, preferably in the field of integrated photonics.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving.
- Experience with international R&D programs and managing multi-stakeholder projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- Prospect of a permanent contract
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Brahim Dagdaoui
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-111 60129
Hiring manager: Jeroen Brand, van den
Phone number: +31(0)6-317 57081