Scientist Powertrains Electrification | Helmond
Contributing to zero impact powertrains for tomorrow's mobility. Envision it. Become a scientist at TNO in Helmond.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Your home base is the Powertrains Group. It’s where you’ll find state-of-the-art research facilities, including automated test benches for battery packs and our unique climatic altitude chamber. Like you, your colleagues are driven to develop innovative yet pragmatic solutions to decarbonize road and waterborne transport. At TNO in Helmond we offer you a friendly, open and highly professional atmosphere. Ours is also a supportive environment, where we stimulate knowledge sharing and welcome your ideas!
What will be your role?
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or another relevant field.
- Expertise in (heavy-duty) powertrains and knowledge of hybrid drivetrains and electric components.
- Experience of physics-based battery modelling and preferably of integrated control algorithms for batteries.
- Experience of MATLAB/Simulink. If you haven’t yet gained experience of simulation tools typically used in the automotive industry, or of embedded software development, you are eager to learn.
- Excellent command of English, as you will be working in international teams.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Brahim Dagdaoui
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-111 60129
Hiring manager: Oscar Zoeteweij
Phone number: +31(0)6-251 57607