Senior (lead) scientist Circular Value Creation | Utrecht
Contributing to transition towards a Circular future. Envision it. Become lead scientist Circular Value Creation at TNO in Utrecht.
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
Based on that you are part of and expand a high quality network of research partners, knowledge centers and industry partners. You have a demonstrated and strong scientific understanding of impact assessments and environmental and socio-economic impact methods. With the multi-disciplinary team you develop new and improved methodologies to implement circularity in LCA and bring additional experience with respect to social LCA and economic impact. Together with the multi-disciplinary science team you will develop high level proposals for national and international programs. You will work closely together with the overall manager of our Circular Value Creation program and the management team of the unit Circular Economy and Environment (CEE).
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You have a background in econometrics or environmental sciences and a PhD in modelling of impact assessment or LCA development.
- Additional at least 7 years relevant working experience.
- You have relevant experience in advising governments and industry partners on sustainability and circular economy and used to work in complex multi-level stakeholder groups.
- An active network in scientific communities working on LCA development.
- You acts at system level and fully comprehends economic and organisational challenges with respect to transitioning to a sustainable future and specific focus on circularity.
- You have experience with sustainable and circular business models.
- Your experience show you master the combination of methodological knowledge (hybrid modelling, scenarios) and developing new tools and methods to monitor, evaluate and predict the transition to a more sustainable and circular economy.
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is highly desirable in this position.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- You have an external focus and a strong network in academia, and a proven scientific track record through publications in relevant journals around impact assessment methods.
- You can use your extended network to form consortia for new projects and develop new leads.
- Coach, support and guide junior and medior scientists in projects and contribute to their professional development and strong team building capabilities.
- You have a pioneering mentality, and the ability to connect technology with market and socially driven challenges to develop and drive an ambitious vision that cuts across disciplines. With good verbal and digital communication skills, energy, creativity and a boundless curiosity, you will be able to convince and inspire colleagues, partners and clients.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
Within the Circular Economy & Environment Unit, the CAS (Climate, Air & Sustanability) Expertise Group analyses the impact of human activity on the environment.
The core expertise of CAS is quantitative impact analysis of environmental, socioeconomic and technological developments by a) quantitative life cycle information on the sustainability of products and technologies, to promote the development of the circular economy and b) monitoring and modelling the fate of pollutant emissions contributing to climate change, poor air quality and ecosystem degradation. Our areas of focus and hence our staff are at the heart of debate in society: i.e. climate change, energy transition, clean air, transition to a (more) circular economy and preventing decline of biodiversity.
The selection process
The selection process comprises three interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anne-Maartje Uijl- Meijman, den
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-469 66067
Hiring manager: Gerard Laan, van der
Phone number: 088 866 2038