Business Development Manager | Eindhoven
Contributing to the world of tomorrow. Envision it. Become a Business Development Manager at TNO in Eindhoven
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
HOLST CENTRE is a leading R&D institute, located at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. We develop technology that responds to the global societal challenges of tomorrow and contributes to a healthier and more sustainable world. Our innovations are aimed at improving the vitality and wellbeing of people, and ensuring sustainable environments. We strengthen the economic power of our industry partners by developing world-class, breakthrough technology solutions that they can bring to their markets. Application areas we work vary from next generation of batteries to integrated photonics to medical device technology.
What will be your role?
The Business Development Manager position will be located at TNO at Holst Centre, though it builds on close relations with several competence groups based both in TNO and its research partners. Hence close collaboration with your BD colleagues as well as legal and IP is expected. Your tasks include:
- Translate market trends and needs into value propositions based on TNO at Holst Centre unique R&D offerings
- Convert propositions into collaboration proposals based on TNO at Holst Centre various business models ranging from shared research programs, bilateral projects to government funded projects and spin off creation.
- Manage to total business development process until deal closing in close collaboration with management, technical, legal and IP teams.
- Advise Program Management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions on the research roadmap, providing market requirements and product definitions.
- Represent Holst Centre at external fairs and exhibitions where customers, universities, chip foundries and design houses meet one another.
- Keep track of the latest market insights. Benchmark and validate the value of Holst Centre's solutions versus what is available elsewhere in the market.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- MSc or PhD degree in beta-sciences or equivalent through experience, preferably with an MBA.
- Minimum 3 years’of experience in business development for R&D projects, preferably in the technology domain
- Excellent knowledge of the technologies and markets and use this to advise and promote to customers the most suitable solutions, in collaboration with the technical teams at Holst Centre.
- Able to extend internal and external networks and to talk and confer on technical, legal and business related matters.
- Proven experience in handling the full Business Development trajectory, from gathering initial market insight to actual deal closing with new partners
- Ability to translate deep technology know-how into attractive business propositions
- Entrepreneurial mindset with high level of self-motivation and ownership.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, as well as, relationship building skills
- Willingness to travel worldwide (approx. 20%) on a frequent basis. Holst Centre has partners in Europe, Asia and the United States
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Brahim Dagdaoui
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-111 60129
Hiring manager: Ton Mol, van
Phone number: +31(0)4040 20509