Innovator Radar Surveillance & Countermeasures | The Hague
Contribute to electromagnetic innovations. Envision it. Become an Innovator Radar Surveillance & Countermeasures at TNO in The Hague.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
A system with which our armed forces can fool opponents’ radar systems. An application to disrupt walkie-talkie communications in conflict zones. Or a method to mislead the navigation data of enemy systems. You’ll be the substantive expert and leader in these projects in the field of electromagnetic innovation. They’re all different, but they all have one thing in common: they all directly or indirectly contribute to peace and security.
What will be your role?
The sixty highly qualified electrical engineers, physicists, and mathematicians of TNO’s world-leading Electronic Defence team are seeking the answers to such questions and helping to develop electromagnetic innovations. We mainly work for clients within the defence, police, and justice sectors.
We collaborate with national and international partners in multidisciplinary projects, on scientific panels, and in NATO working groups.
Read more about Electronic Defence and the Defence, Safety & Security (DSS) unit - our innovations | TNO. Meet some of your future colleagues here: Working on a safe society | Get to know TNO - YouTube
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- You have an academic technical degree, such as (technical) physics, (technical) mathematics, electrical engineering, or artificial intelligence.
- You have a proven affinity with machine learning, digital signal processing, system modelling, and electromagnetic propagation and/or effects (courses taken and/or interests).
- Knowledge of and (work) experience with radar technology and/or radar-system concepts is a tremendous advantage, but we’re also interested in recent graduates.
- Since much of the work is international by nature, it’s important that you have a good spoken and written command of English.
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before June 12. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anneke Geerts
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-556 94125
Hiring manager: Peter Jan Doets
Phone number: 08886 67041