Senior Developer | Utrecht
Contributing to the energy transition and the climate with the latest technology. Envision it. Become a senior developer at TNO in Utrecht.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
The Dutch subsurface plays a major role in the energy transition. How? Take, for example, underground storage of renewable energy in former gas fields or the extraction of geothermal heat. All major energy and climate themes require access to more and more data with an increasing number of applications. As a senior developer at TNO, you will develop front-end and back-end services for the information needs of researchers, governments, and commercial parties. You can also focus on database technology. You decide, because we are looking for several senior developers with a passion for the latest technologies and a great interest in geodata!
What will be your role?
Your home base is one of the Geological Survey of the Netherlands’ three GeoData & IT development teams. In your team, you will work closely with eight to ten colleagues, including developers, technical designers, and analysts. No matter who you ask, your colleagues will unanimously agree: you will be joining a great team with people who like buckle down and help each other. Your scrum team is self-managing, and you actively seek each other out with questions and ideas. And laughter is definitely part of the deal!
Read more about TNO Geological Survey of the Netherlands.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices (Quarkus), Microprofile, JPA, REST, and Jackson.
- Knowledge of and experience with automated testing (JUnit, Mockito), tooling (Maven, Git), and the software development pipeline (Tekton, Jenkins, Sonar, GitHub).
- Experience in making mock-ups and demos.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- An employer that appreciates and encourages diverse talent, through initiatives including the Female Leadership Programme, our Rainbow Community, and roundtables on inclusion themes.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before the 8th of June, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anne-Maartje Uijl- Meijman, den
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-469 66067
Hiring manager: Mirjam Bartels-de Ruiter
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 62014