Senior programme and project manager of applied research | Eindhoven
Contribute to long-term innovation for the Dutch high-tech industry. Envision it. Become a senior programme and project manager at ESI (TNO) in Eindhoven.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
You’ll uncover the industry’s underlying needs, translating them into an overarching roadmap and project proposals (for which you’ll also apply for funding). Your projects will address questions such as ‘How can simulation be used to optimise the performance of new semiconductor devices?’ and ‘How can safety requirements be modelled for an automated operating room in which 500-kilogram robot arms can work safely?’ Together with your teams, you’ll deliver proof of concepts and demonstrators. You’ll also guide industry partners in landing the developed methods. You won’t be doing this alone; you’ll coach your team members to stimulate both their personal growth and their shared team performance. On top of this, you’ll develop and maintain sustainable relationships with our partners.
Your home base will be ESI. In small teams made up of researchers and scientists, you’ll coordinate projects in which physics, mechanics, software, and systems engineering come together. Together with your almost 60 colleagues, you’ll tackle the challenges of the high-tech manufacturing industry in open innovation. ESI has a pleasant, open working atmosphere, in which there’s a lot of room to contribute and develop your own ideas and vision. In scientific environments of this kind, knowledge sharing is crucial. You’ll do so with colleagues, partners, at symposia, and as part of the international systems-engineering community.
Read more about ESI and watch the video.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A minimum of a master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, physics, or the equivalent.
- Relevant work experience in the high-tech manufacturing industry or R&D for this industry.
- Experience leading applied-research projects.
- Preferably, a background as a systems architect (or a strong interest in systems engineering).
- The ability to quickly master new technical domains and applications.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Perspective of a permanent contract
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we have created an inclusive work environment in which people are free to be themselves, whatever their story or unique qualities. The combination of our unique strengths and perspectives is precisely how we’re able to develop innovations that make a real difference to society.
Want to know more? Read what steps we’re taking in the realm of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 13th of June, 2022. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anouk Bos
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-413 74015
Hiring manager: Wouter Leibbrandt
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 65560