Become a trainee at TNO
At TNO, we innovate for a healthy, safe, digital and sustainable society. And for a strong economy. How do you want to contribute to tomorrow’s world? How much impact can you have? Look at things through the eyes of TNO and envision it.
The next application process for the trainee program will open on April 17, 2023. Sign up for the job alert via the button below and stay informed:
About the trainee programme
At TNO you will be working in a leading research organisation, where you and your colleagues work on innovations for the world of tomorrow. This innovation takes place within different departments, each with its own speciality: from defence and security to digital society.
The TNO traineeship programme enables you to explore what suits you best over a period of two years. The programme is structured in such a way that you will work in three different places – based on your preference. There are over sixty departments within TNO and four job roles, meaning there is plenty of opportunity on offer.
You could, for example, start off on the subject of the healthy living, then work as a project leader in a staff department and end your traineeship as an energy transition consultant. In short: you can set up your own trainee programme based on your talents and ambitions. This will help you to get to know the organisation well, while at the same time making good headway in your career at TNO.
Personal and professional development
An important part of the traineeship is your personal growth. Whatever your talent or ambition, you will be given plenty of room to develop yourself. To facilitate this, you will be assigned a personal coach, participate in peer review sessions, and follow training courses and workshops that are aimed at you as a trainee.
With every innovation, you too contribute to the world of tomorrow. So become a TNO trainee and work with us towards a future that is more sustainable, safer and smarter. Envision it!
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on tomorrow's world.
- Socially committed colleagues who are experts in their field.
- A challenging environment.
- The opportunity to explore and develop yourself personally and professionally.
- Three different workplaces in various fields and job roles.
- Lots of possibilities for growing professionally and personally
- Three different positions for different disciplines and different roles
- A full-time position with a good salary and excellent terms of employment.
- Possibility of a permanent position at TNO.
Then take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions page.