My lectorship is active in the monitoring, validation and demonstration of new energy transition products for the Built environment.
The focus is on sustainable energy generation product (Built Integrated PV products), energy savings products (next generation windows) and energy storage products (batteries). In the domain of energy savings thermochromic and PV windows I work closely with TNO Brightlands Materials Center. In a number of projects on the subject BIPV, there is cooperation with Solliance.
Since the begin of the lectorship in 2009, there have been 6 demo sites built on the “District of tomorrow”. In 2018 we realized the PVopMaat demo where we demonstrate and monitor thin film PV in comparison with standard silicon PV modules. The results have shown that thin film modules can be a good alternative for silicon modules in the replacement of asbestos roofs in The Netherlands.
In 2020 we realized two new demos on Chemelot. In WOF we will realize 2 small demo houses where we can monitor, compare and demonstrate new window types from Physee and TNO-BMC in relationship with the existing commercial product (Low-E coating). In Rolling Solar we realized a solar road demo on Chemelot.
Within the lectoriship I further develop new educational programs in the field of Sustainable Energy in Built Environment for the Academy Engineering, Applied Science and Built Environment.
- Interreg Nederland-Vlaanderen PVopMaat
- Opzuid Werkelijk bouwen aan BIPV
- RAAK-Pro Windows of the Future
- Interreg Maas-Rijn Rolling Solar
- N Rezaei, O Isabella, ZAEP Vroon, M Zeman, “Rezaei, N., Isabella, O., Vroon, Z. & Zeman, M, “Optical optimization of a multi-layer wideband anti-reflection coating using porous MgF2 for sub-micron-thick CIGS solar cells.”.: Solar Energy. (2019 (1) 177, 59-67.
- Wendy Broers, Veronique Vasseur, René Kemp, Nurhan Abujidi, Zeger Vroon, “Decided or divided? An empirical analysis of the decision-making process of Dutch homeowners for energy renovation measures.” Energy Research & Social Science, (2019), 58.
- Daniel Mann, Cindy Yeung, Roberto Habets, Zeger Vroon, Pascal Buskens, “Comparative Building Energy Simulation Study of Static and Thermochromically Adaptive Energy Efficient Glazing in Various Climate Regions.”, (2020), will be published.
- Nasim Rezaei, Olindo Isabella, Paul Procel, Zeger Vroon, Miro Zeman, “Optical study of back-contacted CIGS solar cells.”, Optics express, 27(8), A269-A279.