Senior Consultant Circularity & Sustainability impact | Utrecht
Want to make your mark on our time? Become an Senior Consultant Circularity & Sustainability impact at TNO in Utrecht!
What will be your role?
TNO’s business unit Energy & Materials Transition (EMT) is looking for a senior consultant Circularity and sustainability impact.
You provide high-level advice on making the design of production processes at companies in the electronics manufacturing industry more sustainable (e.g. batteries, solar panels). You know the challenges customers face and how you can help and advise them to take the next step towards a more circular form of production. You attract customers in the circular manufacturing industry (electronics, plastics and other materials) who can use knowledge and advice to make this step. And you know how to retain the existing customer base with your knowledge and advice. In addition, you are able to brainstorm with other experts about the future questions that need to be answered with regard to the circular manufacturing industry in order to be able to take the energy and circular transition forward. You convert these into project proposals with knowledge questions and research proposals that reflect the core of the matter and that are seen internally and externally as the questions that need to be answered.
You will be part of and expand a high quality network of research partners, knowledge centers and industry partners. You have a demonstrated scientific understanding of impact assessments and environmental and socio-economic impact methods. With the multi-disciplinary team you develop new and improved methodologies to implement circularity in LCA and bring additional experience with respect to social LCA and economic impact. Together with the multi-disciplinary science team you will develop high level proposals for national and international programs.
What we expect from you
- You have at least ten years of experience in providing high-level advice on production processes in the circular manufacturing industry, preferably in electronics;
- An education in process technology, chemistry, industrial ecology or similar at university level, and you know what information will help the sector make the transition to a (more) circular sector/industry;
- You have relevant experience in high-level advise towards governments and industry partners on sustainability and circular economy and used to work in complex multi-level stakeholder groups;
- You have an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and spoken;
- You have an external focus and a strong network in both academia, and a proven scientific track record through publications in relevant journals around impact assessment methods;
- You can use your extended network to form consortia for new projects and develop new leads;
- Coach, support and guide LCA and modelling scientists in projects and contribute to their professional development and strong team building capabilities;
- You have a pioneering mentality, and the ability to connect technology with market and socially driven challenges to develop and drive an ambitious vision that cuts across disciplines. With good verbal and digital communication skills, energy, creativity and a boundless curiosity, you will be able to convince and inspire colleagues, partners and clients.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 5.365,- and € 7.163,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- We offer a comprehensive and flexible mobility plan that also includes full compensation for public transportation for commuting and business travel.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours, the possibility to work parttime (32 of 36 hours) and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 9th of October, 2023. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
A certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required before starting a new job at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
Gerard van der LaanFunctie:Hiring manager
Gerard van der Laan is an experienced Technology and Innovation Professional with a proven history in the energy industry and a PhD in Chemical Engineering from the University of Groningen. Gerard joined TNO as Senior Scientist, where he led the science and knowledge development on circular plastics within TNO. Currently, Gerard is integrally responsible for a research group of 70 professionals working on key societal challenges: air pollution, greenhouse gas monitoring, LCA and sustainability assessment and circularity at TNO.