Programme manager for Digital Built Environment
Want to make your mark on our time? Come work at TNO as a Programme manager for Digital Built Environment in Delft!
About this position
Making an impact together regarding major societal challenges in the built environment. This is your time to contribute to accelerating the digital transformation of civil infrastructure and the construction sector.
What will be your role?
Your work focuses on setting up and managing multi-year research programmes, to allow TNO to contribute even more to solutions for major societal challenges in the built environment on the basis of applied research and knowledge development. The primary scope of your programmes is civil infrastructure, in which conservation, sustainability, climate adaptation, and circularity of existing networks are the key themes. At TNO, we’re working hard to develop and apply knowledge to make digitisation supportive of these challenges. This often takes place in complex multi-stakeholder projects or programmes at the interface between digitalisation and civil domain expertise. To scale up our research and its impact, we established the Digital Built Environment department on 1 January 2023.
Your contribution and qualities focus on setting up and managing programmes, projects, and associated teams. You bring coherence to the scope, goals, and output of our research across the boundaries of projects and disciplines and focused on achieving social impact in our clients' organisations. These mainly include public organisations such as Rijkswaterstaat, ProRail, provinces, and municipalities. You do this in both formal (often consortium) and informal settings. In both situations, you feel comfortable and know how to connect experts from different disciplines and get them on board.
Externally, you lay out the agenda for stakeholders. You prepare the way for joint research programmes, together with business developers and consultants. You expand the TNO network with relevant clients or cooperation partners. You also act as project manager in one or more projects. Together with TNO researchers, consultants, and business developers, you help further develop our portfolio and team on the topic of data-driven infrastructure. In doing so, you ensure that TNO is one of the supporters of these programmes. ‘We speak out and guide.’
Where will you be working?
You’ll work in the Digital Built Environment department of TNO’s Mobility & Built Environment unit. This is a new and growing department with an enthusiastic atmosphere, currently consisting of a social and committed group of about 25 colleagues with diverse backgrounds, levels of experience, and nationalities. Our common ground is digitisation. We cover various digitalisation expertise, including digital twinning, linked data, data-science, software engineering, and standardisation. Our tools, standards, and expertise (e.g., of construction processes) have been the basis for many sustainable improvements in the sector. We collaborate intensively with the other TNO groups within and outside our unit.
What we expect from you
Connecting the inner and outer worlds of TNO excites you. You have leadership qualities, can work independently, and possess natural authority. You’re able to bring people to their full potential in a multidisciplinary team that you will be setting up. You therefore speak the language of the technical professionals, as well as of the clients, commissioning parties, or collaboration partners. You excite subject-matter experts in the field of construction, materials, and digitalisation about the integration of knowledge developments and market assignments (often for public commissioning parties). You know how to develop new opportunities and possibilities.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A university master's degree in a relevant field;
- 5-10 years of relevant experience, including at least 3 years as a programme manager in a research environment and/or in public-private partnerships, preferably in digitisation programmes in the civil infrastructure sector;
- You have experience with complex issues, vision development, digitalisation in construction, and infrastructure;
- You’re able to translate a knowledge agenda into actual results step by step.
- You know how to get internal and external stakeholders from different disciplines on board, in both formal and informal settings;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English.
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- We offer a comprehensive and flexible mobility plan that also includes full compensation for public transportation for commuting and business travel.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours, the possibility to work parttime (32 of 36 hours) and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
A certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required before starting a new job at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
Jok TangFunctie:Hiring manager
Posted by: #LI-JL2 Jordy Leenders
Email: [email protected]