Senior Business Consultant for Digital Built Environment
About this position
This is your time to impact the acceleration of digital transformation in the built environment, for major societal challenges in civil infrastructure and the construction sector. Envision it. Become a Senior Business Consultant for Digital Built Environment at TNO in Delft.
What will be your role?
Your work focuses on developing propositions for stakeholders and, in doing so, implementing our knowledge, innovations, and research results. In civil infrastructure (your primary area of focus), this often involves public organisations such as Rijkswaterstaat, ProRail, provinces, and municipalities.
On the front end, you contribute to the formulation and acquisition of Research & Development projects, together with our business developers and subject matter experts. These are mainly larger programmes in a multi-stakeholder setting. From your up-to-date and keen view of daily practice, you will ensure that our research is formulated in such a way that it can ultimately land in practice and lead to impact. You will participate in the larger, more fundamental research projects, and make adjustments based on your perspective and contacts in practice to maximise application potential. You will prepare and guide the way to transfer and implementation our knowledge and research results in practice, in close contact with your external network. You will also play a leadership role in our team in developing digitisation propositions for new clients. In this, you know how to connect our knowledge with (new) market demands in the field of digitalisation.
The context of the research that you help to make an impact is digitalisation and automation in the construction & infrastructure domain. It is often at the interface between specialist domain knowledge, data, digitisation, and IT technology. We see the digitisation knowledge we develop as an enabler for societal challenges and transitions. Concrete examples of the larger themes in which we are active include preservation and sustainability challenges in infrastructure, making housing construction more sustainable and accelerating it, and energy transition in the built environment. Our departments in Delft (and elsewhere around the country) have and are developing a wealth of relevant knowledge. You understand the language and dynamics of both the IT world and the civil domain. You are the driving force that connects our knowledge and helps it make an even greater social impact.
You’ll work in the Digital Built Environment department of TNO’s Mobility & Built Environment unit. This is a new and growing department with an enthusiastic atmosphere and consists of a social and committed group of about 25 colleagues with diverse backgrounds, levels of experience, and nationalities. Our common ground is digitisation. We cover different aspects at expert level, including digital twinning, linked data, data-science, software engineering, and standardisation. Our tools, standards, and expertise (e.g., of construction processes) have been the basis for many sustainable improvements in the sector. We collaborate intensively with the other TNO groups within and outside our unit.
What we expect from you
You have 7-10 years of experience with digitisation and automation processes in the built environment, preferably partly in civil infrastructure. You know what public clients encounter in practice and what their information provision organisation looks like. You’re motivated to keep your perspective on this focused and up-to-date, and to connect it to the expertise we have and are developing at TNO. You are entrepreneurial and impact driven. You have powers of persuasion and are a team player.
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A master's or bachelor's degree in a relevant field;
- 7-10 years of experience with digitisation and automation processes in the built environment, preferably partly in civil infrastructure and with both public and commercial parties;
- You have experience in convincing stakeholders to embrace and engage in new developments;
- You have experience in developing solutions to complex issues and can translate these into visions for structural approaches;
- You are motivated to tackle societal challenges and transitions in the built environment;
- You have a valuable network;
- You are a team player and consciously work to collaborate effectively with colleagues and other teams;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English (at least C1 level).
What you'll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- We offer a comprehensive and flexible mobility plan that also includes full compensation for public transportation for commuting and business travel.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours, the possibility to work parttime (32 of 36 hours) and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer.
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises four interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
A certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) is required before starting a new job at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
More information about this vacancy?
Jok TangFunctie:Hiring manager
Posted by: #LI-JL2 Jordy Leenders
Email: [email protected]