The TNO design of precision actuators for segmented astronomical telescopes and other mirrors have the following qualities:
- Proven 1.4 nm RMS accuracy with simple control
- Better than 1 nm RMS accuracy with adaptive control
- More reliable and lower-cost voice coil fine stage compared to piezo stage
- Upto 1.2 μm/s proven tracking speed over 5-15 mm stroke
- Power dissipation less than 1.0 W
- Adjustable design allows range from low to high stiffness (‘soft’ or ‘hard’ characteristics) to adapt to different background vibration disturbances and safety requirements
If you need a reliable and flexible, nanometer-precision actuator for your application, please contact us.